Tired of getting turned down for jobs and hearing you are “overqualified” or have “too much experience?” Think ageism is blocking you from landing a job? I speak to numerous job seekers each week that feel being over 40 is affecting their job search results. It is a common perception among experienced job seekers.
It is true that hiring managers can make generalizations about experienced candidates, which have stemmed from their personal experiences or what they have read in the media. Clearly it is not right, but it exists. Either way, it causes a formidable obstacle for experienced candidates to overcome in their job search. To begin to conquer ageism, you really need to look at what is going on in the mind of the hiring managers that are interviewing you. Some common assumptions about candidates over 40 are:
• You will leave when you find a better job than the one they are offering.
• Ultimately you will not be happy with a less important title compared to the titles you held in the past.
• You may not be fully up-to-date on technology and they don’t have time to train you.
• And many more assumptions
Is this happening to you? Then join our next webinar from Career Studios:
[WEBINAR] Career Studios: Eliminate Ageism from Your Resume and Job Search
In this no-cost webinar, Lisa Rangel, Resume & Job Search Expert, will teach you how to:
• Create an ageless, branded resume, with the most contemporary resume format — the resume you need to land interviews..
• Develop strategies for actively conducting your job search for results that will have you rise above any age stereotypes
• Rock the Overqualified Question to land the job by preparing yourself thoroughly for the interview process handling employment gaps, terminations, layoffs, career transitions and many other employment scenarios
Take action and register for FREE: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/975586025348454914
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Time: 10:00am Pacific/1:00pm Eastern
Access: **Note this event is a GoToWebinar event. You can use either phone or computer to attend. After registering, you will receive a confirmation with instructions. Also, enrolled participants will receive a FREE downloadable recording of this session following the seminar.
You will receive a link to the recording regardless of attending, but you must sign up to get it!
*Career Studios are owned and operated by Chris Perry & Dorothy Tannahill-Moran
Visit Career Studios to sign up for more of our FREE career seminars!
And check out our Career Studios Backstage MEGA PASS which gives you exclusive access to all of our past and future Career Studios seminar recordings!
(Visited 159 time, 1 visit today)