In today’s ever-challenging job market, job seekers must be on the hunt for new opportunities 24/7 to maintain a competitive advantage over other top job candidates.
But to do so successfully, job seekers must have constant access, both at home and on the go, to their social and professional networks, up-to-date job postings and powerful tools that can help them make quick connections with new contacts and potential career stakeholders.
The iPhone or iPad can offer you such access and much more no matter where you are during the day thanks to the countless apps that you can download to do just about anything.
Here are the top 25 apps all job seekers should leverage in their job search for career success:
Job Search Apps
- Jobs by CareerBuilder.com (FREE): This free app brings the power of CareerBuilder.com straight to your mobile device, giving you instant access to search and apply to nearly 2 million job postings on CareerBuilder.com, the largest job site in the US.
- Monster.com Jobs (FREE): In addition to feeding the latest job postings from Monster.com, this free app lets you take your Monster.com account with you on the go so that you can apply directly to new listings right from your mobile device.
- Job Search by Indeed.com (FREE): Indeed is a powerful job search aggregator that collects job listings from all the major job search engines and job boards into one convenient location for you to review.
- Job Search Engine by LinkUp.com (FREE): LinkUp’s unique search engine, updated daily, lists only jobs that are found on company and employer websites. This helps you uncover the hidden job market of opportunities not publicly advertised on the major job search engines.
- Simply Hired (FREE): Simply Hired is one of the largest job search engines, aggregating job postings from across the web, including major job search engines, online newspapers, company websites and more.
- SnagAJob (FREE): SnagAJob is a top-ranked search engine for full-time and part-time hourly positions throughout the US. This free app provides you immediate access to their database of new job listings.
- Craigslist for iPhone (FREE): Craigslist for iPhone features an intuitive interface and myriads of features to browse and post to Craigslist. Most importantly, it gives you access to the Craigslist job classifieds by small and medium businesses looking for local candidates.
- JobAware Lite (FREE): JobAware Lite is the free version of this unique app that allows you to search jobs in cities near you leveraging the iPhone’s GPS and helps you organize and track your progress throughout the job application process.
- JobAware (FREE): JobAware shares all the outstanding features of JobAware Lite, but also offers salary comparisons for hundreds of occupations, LinkedIn account integration to help you take advantage of your network and job search advice from top career experts.
- JobCompass (FREE): JobCompass uses the iPhone’s GPS to find open positions within a given radius of the area you are in. This app in addition to providing job description information, also allows you to apply directly from your phone.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Job-Interview Tool (FREE): Stand out, nail the interview, and land the job—with groundbreaking tips from Richard Bolles, author of What Color Is Your Parachute?, the world’s most popular job-hunting guide.
- LinkedIn (FREE): Get on-the-go access to your professional network with LinkedIn for iPhone. Find and connect with more than 120M members worldwide, read the latest industry news, keep up-to-date with your groups, and share content with your network from anywhere.
- BeKnown (FREE): BeKnown, by Monster.com, is the professional networking app on Facebook. BeKnown for iPhone makes it easy to tap into new professional opportunities anywhere, anytime while carefully leveraging the power of your current social network.
- Facebook (FREE): Facebook for iPhone makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. Start a conversation, share content with your network, check your friends’ status updates or leverage your network for new opportunities.
- Twitter (FREE): Get short bursts of timely information on the official Twitter app for iPhone. You can also share content, follow industry leaders and potential career stakeholders and search job updates from your target employers.
- Business Card Reader (Paid): Business Card Reader is an invaluable networking tool, taking a picture of a business card, reading it using text recognition technology and automatically adding it to your iPhone address book.
- SnapDat Digital Business Cards (FREE): SnapDat is the #1 app for designing and sending digital business cards directly from your iPhone! You can create unlimited digital business cards with a provided template or picture and can email it instantly to your contact’s address.
- Pocket Resume (Paid): Pocket Resume is the best-selling app that uses class-leading PDF rendering technology allowing you to create, maintain, and email your resume straight from your iPhone.
- Resume App (Paid): Resume App helps you build, design and generate a professional-looking PDF resume, completely customizable with whatever information you choose to include, that you can send out directly from your iPhone!
- Monster.com Interviews (FREE): The Monster.com Interviews app is the ultimate tool to help you through the entire job interview process. This step-by-step guide provides advice and coaching through every stage of a job interview and follow-up process.
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions (FREE): Based on the best-selling book by Ron Fry, this free app helps prepare you for your next interview with key interview tips, advice and insights.
- Interview Prep Questions (FREE): Interview Prep is a fully-featured flash card app that prepares you for dozens of job interview questions. Each question is accompanied by suggestions that will help you answer these tough questions.
- Interview Pro (FREE): This free app gives you over 80 KILLER job interview questions and answers, including the most common job interview questions and the more challenging questions that interviewers like to ask.
- Interview Buzz Lite (FREE): Interview Buzz LITE is a free app containing 50+ interview questions with answers and 80 commonly asked practice questions. It also has information on tying a tie, dressing to impress, dinner etiquette and more.
- Interview Buzz PRO (Paid): Interview Buzz PRO comes with more than 300 questions and answers, more interview preparation and follow-up content and material and many other additional features.
What are some other apps that you would recommend for the job search?
*NOTE: These apps are not listed in any particular order.
(Visited 1,135 time, 1 visit today)