One feature you job seekers may not know about or have fully explored is LinkedIn Groups. LinkedIn Groups are free to join, and you can choose to join up to 50 groups from a list of thousands of user-created groups for literally just about anything. Not only do these groups provide you access to connect with and contact fellow group members who could become future partners, employees, investors, customers etc., but the groups’ newly updated discussion board feature can provide more networking opportunities, answers to your questions and insightful advice, tips and support. You can also join the groups’ subgroups and contribute answers, comments and your own expertise to the groups’ discussion boards to establish your own online personal brand on LinkedIn.
Last year, I published a list of the top 20 LinkedIn groups for job seekers which became a very popular resource on Career Rocketeer. It’s been over a year since the list originally went out and some of the groups have changed and new groups have emerged. Therefore, I have updated the list and am pleased to present the Top 25 LinkedIn Groups ALL Job Seekers MUST Join to help you build your brands and launch your careers:
- JobAngels – Non-profit job search network of professionals helping other professionals find job advice and opportunities.
- Executive Suite – Community of over 100,000 US-based executive-level and recruiter members.
- Star:Jobs Professional Career Center – Group working in tandem with Linked:HR, the largest Recruiters’ Group on LinkedIn, to help top candidates find jobs quickly and efficiently.
- Career Rocketeer – Career Launch Network – Fastest-growing professional network for personal branding, career search and career management, bringing job seekers and employers, recruiters and career experts together for mutual success.
- The Talent Buzz – Group for job seekers, recruiters and HR professionals interested in expanding their professional networks.
- Helping Friends Career Network (LI2HF) – Business and career network where entrepreneurs, hiring managers, recruiters, and talented professionals worldwide can make meaningful win-win connections.
- JobsDirectUSA – Official job search group on LinkedIn for JobsDirectUSA.com.
- Career Change Central – Group linking job changers and professionals in career transition with recruiters, hiring managers and career coaches.
- CareerLink Network – Community providing job seekers spiritual, physical, social, mental, economic and personal growth to meet their ever-evolving needs
- Jobs Alert – Job search group for middle and senior-level managers worldwide.
- A Job Needed – A Job Posted – Group is for all LinkedIn members searching for employment, posting employment or recruiters helping members find employment.
- Looking for a Job? – Group designed to allow job seekers to share ideas, network, post jobs, advise on job market trends and ultimately help them find work.
- MyCredentials – Career Presentation – Group helping members to network, expand their resumes and enhance their interview skills.
- JibberJobber – Career Management – Network for executives, professionals, students and all those involved in the career services industry, including counselors, coaches and resume writers.
- ResumeMaker Career Network – Forum connecting qualified job seekers with hiring managers and corporate recruiters as well as allowing candidates to discuss and share career opportunities.
- Personal Branding Network – Consortium for all professionals looking to build powerful personal brands.
- Indeed.com – Official job search group on LinkedIn for Indeed.com.
- Project: Get Hired! – Motivational support group exclusively for job hunters to share creative strategies and stay motivated.
- Job-Hunt Help – Discussion group for job seekers sharing advice and leads and networking to help one another.
- IMPACT Hiring Solutions Job Search Network – Discussion and networking forum for executives seeking job opportunities.
- Global Jobs Network – Network for all professionals who would like to be aware of requirements in their respective fields and for organizations & recruiters who are hiring.
- Job Openings, Job Leads and Job Connections! – One of the largest groups for job seekers on LinkedIn.
- JOBS 2.0 – Group helping job seekers find a job online using the latest in social and professional networks.
- The Job Board – Networking group for professionals seeking jobs and recruiters seeking candidates.
- Self-Recruiter® – Job Search & Career Management – Discussion and networking forum helping job seekers become their own specialist, their own career counselor, and their own recruiter.
*These 25 groups are not listed in any particular order.