LinkedIn is the leading professional network on the web, so if you don’t have an account already, get one today! If you have one already, you’re off to a great start.
LinkedIn is an invaluable asset to all professionals out there, especially MBAs, providing you many unique features, including your own professional online resume, its own job board, a comprehensive company directory and more.
One feature you job seekers may not know about or have fully explored is LinkedIn Groups. LinkedIn Groups are free to join, and you can choose to join up to 50 groups from a list of thousands of user-created groups for literally just about anything. Not only do these groups provide you access to connect with and contact fellow group members who could become future partners, employees, investors, customers etc., but the groups’ discussion board and news sections can provide more networking opportunities, answers to your questions and insightful advice, tips and support. You can also contribute answers, comments and your own expertise to the groups’ discussion boards to establish your own online personal brand on LinkedIn.
While there are thousands of quality groups out there, here are the Top 50 LinkedIn Groups ALL MBAs MUST Join to help build their brands and launch their careers:
- On Startups – The Community For Entrepreneurs
- Startup Specialists
- Bright Ideas & Entrepreneurs
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Group
Marketing & Communications
- Marketing & Communication Network
- Public Relations and Communications Professionals
- Marketing Executives Group
- Innovative Marketing, PR, Sales, Word-of-Mouth & Buzz Innovators
- Advertising Professionals
- Online Advertising Professionals
- Social Media Marketing
Sales & Business Development
Product & Brand Management
- 280 Group: Product Management & Product Marketing
- CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS CONNECTS – SuperGroup!
Finance & Accounting
Business Intelligence & Information Technology
- Business Intelligence & Analytics Group
- Business Intelligence Professionals
- IT Specialist Group
- The IT Architect Network
- GreenBiz.com — Green Business Professionals
- Telecom Professionals
- Biotech & Pharma Professionals Network
- Media Professionals Worldwide
- Event Peeps: For Live Event Industry Professionals
- Retail Industry Professionals Group
- Travel & Tourism Industry Professionals Worldwide
- Sports Industry Network™
Career Search & Development
Academic & Professional Career
- Your Graduate School/MBA Program Alumni LinkedIn Group
- Your Undegraduate College Alumni LinkedIn Group
- Your Past Employer’s LinkedIn Group
If you are a job seeker, please also check out the Top 20 LinkedIn Groups ALL Job Seekers MUST Join.
*These 50 groups are not listed in any particular order.